Saturday, May 7, 2022

Back to Tatel

I had the pleasure of being treated at this restaurant 9 days ago. Sandi and I loved it so much that we were able to talk 2 more friends into accompanying us to have their fabulous prix-fixe lunch. I requested to be seated at Yago's table, our previous simpatico server. We arrived a bit early, and Yago was there to welcome us. 

We enjoyed their white wine sangria the last time, so we ordered a pitcher of it again. For starters, Zohreh and I had the Classic Spanish Potato Salad. Ever since I had it, I could not get it out of my mind as it was most unusual with tuna (I usually don't like tuna). I was happy that Zohreh enjoyed it as much as I did. Sandi had the Bloomdale Spinach Salad, which had figs and was most tasty. Sugar opted for the Opengarden, mixed greens with lots of cherry tomatoes, hearts of palm, and onions. She, too, loved her salad and commented on how the portions were generous.

Zohreh and Sugar are fish lovers, so I strongly suggested they try the excellent Branzino. Our friend Milena raved about the Iberico Pork Loin, so Sandi and I decided to try it this time. If you haven't had Iberico, try this mouth-watering delicious pork! Iberico is made from Iberico black pigs whose diet is solely acorns. As I write this blog, I ponder when I can go back to Tatel.

Dessert was a no-brainer. It had to be their famous Cheesecake. Also, most unusual. Cheesecake is our least favorite dessert, but it quickly became our favorite after we've tasted theirs. Again, it is worth driving to Beverly Hills and experiencing Tatel!

Tatel is located at 453 N. Canon Dr. In Beverly Hills, California. I must mention that Tatel is one of 25 restaurants that made the list of "worth traveling to." The other 2 locations are in Madrid and Ibiza. 





No comments:

Post a Comment