Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sweet Rice

This is another restaurant Sandi wanted to visit while on her mini vacation in Los Angeles. She and I have been craving their Sticky Rice with Mango. Both Sujata and Amy had never been there, so they were game to try this Thai restaurant. 

My favorite dish is Kao Soi; choice of chicken or beef, yellow curry, ba mee noodles, bean sprouts, mustard greens, red onions, cilantro, and crispy noodles with a lime wedge. The presentation was impressive, but I had to instruct the newbies to first squeeze the lime and mix everything to get the fantastic flavor of the fillings with the soup in every bite. Amy had hers with beef, and the three of us had the chicken, which I prefer. I had forgotten how heavenly this dish tasted!!! I can't imagine anything better than this. It indeed was excellent. Both Amy and Sujata shared my opinion. 

Dessert had to be the Sticky Rice and Mango. I have had this dish multiple times here and at different Thai restaurants, and this is the best place to get them. Unfortunately, Amy was not fond of it. Before we had it, she kept saying she could not imagine eating rice with mango. You have to have an open mind. This is a great dessert; the sticky rice is served with a coconut milk sauce, making it a bit sweet and very creamy, which goes well with the sweet mango.


Angela, the owner, was at her other restaurant across Sweet Rice, called Bowl Thai Grill which I will have to try sometime soon. Sweet Rice is located at 1630 W Redondo Beach #4, in Redondo Beach, California. They are open every day from 11 to 9 p.m. except Mondays.


1 comment:

  1. I can make sticky rice. It is so delicious. Just can’t find perfectly ripe mangos to go with it.

    ReplyDelete