Saturday, October 16, 2021

Waku Waku Ramen

A bunch of us wanted to try this restaurant in Chinatown in Boston. None of us have ever been, so it was an adventure. 

I had a taste of someone's Okayu 5, which is Congee with a poached egg. I loved it. It tasted very much like the Filipino Arroz Caldo but better. Another appetizer I got to taste was the Takoyaki; squid balls with okonomi sauce. That too was very good.

The appetizer that took the cake was the Karifurawa; spicy cauliflower. It's incredible what they can do with an ordinarily bland cauliflower and turn it into something exciting!

I ordered the Tonkotsu Ramen, which I loved, except it needed to be a bit saltier. I enjoyed the housemade noodles so much and the excellent pork that I didn't want to take a break and ask for soy sauce. I later found out that the rest of the gang felt the same way, yet none of them asked for soy sauce.

I found a Waku Waku in Los Angeles, but I do not know if they are related to Boston. They are closed on the weekends so I couldn't confirm. I will try to find out. I hope it is so I wouldn't have to travel to Boston to enjoy the food. 



No comments:

Post a Comment