Sunday, October 17, 2021

Petrova Chocolates

I attended a small Catholic wedding in Boston last weekend. The bride and groom handed out party favors after the ceremony. There was a box of chocolates that caught my eye. I was told that the owner, maker of these fabulous chocolates, used to work for a Michelin star restaurant, and when Covid hit and restaurants closed, she thought of doing something else, hence the making of bonbons.

I was guided by the groom in which order to consume the 4 flavors in the box. I first had the Two to Mango which was incredible, a burst of wonderful mango liquid inside, then I had the Hazelnut latte, which I had misgivings since I do not like hazelnuts. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. The third was the Yuzu which is hard to describe particularly but was just plain delicious. Last but not least was the Passionfruit which was my favorite since it had a bit of tartness. 

As soon as I got home, I explored Betty Petrova's website.  I felt like a dog outside looking through a window of a store!

Petrova Chocolates is located at 190 North St. in Boston, Ma. But if you can't make it all the way to Boston, you can always order online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment