Saturday, October 2, 2021

Jiayuan Dumpling House

I've seen the sign before this opened: Coming Soon. I was excited and then I read about it later; a mother and daughter duo opening this small Chinese restaurant that specializes in Northeastern Chinese Cuisine.

 

I visited the restaurant to get something to take home a month ago. I ordered the Shrimp, Chicken, and Carrots pan-fried dumplings. They were fresh alright and I loved that part of the dumpling was crispy. You can't really compare this to Din Tai Fungs dumplings. It's like comparing apples and oranges. 

Yesterday after seeing a movie,  we decided to grab a bite to eat. I suggested the Dumpling House since they opened at 4:00 p.m. and Sandi has never been there. Linda, Emily's daughter was so nice to answer all our questions because it was hard to decide what to order since everything sounded delicious. 

We ended up ordering the Twice Cooked Pork; pork belly sautéed with wood ear mushroom, red bell peppers, and green onion. The pork was so tender and we both loved the flavor!. We split an order of white rice to go with the pork. 

We also had the House Special Fried Noodles with shrimp, beef, and chicken with vegetables. We enjoyed that as well and agreed we would order this again in the future. We also had to try the Chicken and Corn Pan Fried Dumplings; ground chicken breast with sweet corn. We were too busy eating that when the dumplings arrived, I forgot to take a photo!

Needless to say, the food was way too much for just the two of us but of course, this was not a problem because we thought we would just look forward to another meal at home!

Occasionally, I saw Emily, Linda's mom come out to the counter. They looked so cute together that I asked if I could take their picture. Emily was happy to pose for a mother-daughter picture which was really sweet. 

Jiayuan Dumpling House is located at 1904 S. Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment