Monday, October 11, 2021

Clear Flour Bread

If you ever get to Boston, you must visit Clear Flour Bread. We were not sure if we would be able to get to this bakery because the Boston Marathon was going on and we weren't sure if there would be road closures on the way. 

There were only 3 people ahead of us in the line outside. I guess everyone else was watching the marathon. The Gods were on our side this morning. As usual, I got too excited as soon as I was inside. Numerous loaves of bread and pastries were on display. 


I had to sample a variety of them so we ordered a loaf of crusty bread. For breakfast, we thought we should try the Spinach, Egg, & Cheese Croissant which was splayed out rather than your typical croissant sandwich. That was absolutely delicious.


The Parmesan & Black Pepper Scone sounded interesting so I got one to sample. That was no ordinary dry scone. This was packed with what tasted like equal amounts of parmesan and pepper. We divided that later into four and we all thought it was very good. The Gruyere Cheese Croissant sounded amazing. You can't really tell by the looks of it since you are unable to see inside but once I tried to pull the flakey croissant apart, the Gruyere cheese was highly visible and you couldn't help but start cheering!! 



We were all too full sharing everything till I discovered there were two more pastries in the bag. The Morning Bun with Walnuts was flakey, buttery, and loaded with walnuts outside as well as inside. I usually do not like nuts but I ate every nut in sight. It was not too sweet, it was just perfect.



The Pain Aux Raisins was equally as delicious as the Morning Bun full of raisins. All I can think of is the terrible thought that I will not be able to go back to this bakery since I do not live in Boston. The next best thing is to befriend or renew your friendship with a Bostonian so the next time they visit you, you can put your order in. 

Clear Flour Bread is located at 178 Thorndike St., in Brookline, MA.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment