Thursday, March 4, 2021

Sugarfish

I've only heard of great things about Sugarfish from my brother and friend Milena, aka Ms.Gourmet. It was always hard for me to go to one of their locations in L.A. because I could not get any of my friends to eat raw fish. The location in Manhattan Beach made it more feasible. Still no friends willing to go, I took advantage of dineLA and persuaded my son to pick up 2 orders of their special. 

I was already impressed with the box, but when I opened it, I was even more impressed with the presentation and the chart with suggestions on what sauce to dip in which fish. Everything was scrumptious. The fish could not have been fresher; it was silky and light. The $35 price for this wonderful meal was well worth it. They have a "Trust Me" menu left to the Chef, and I would like to experience that next time. I found that a bottle of Super Dry Asahi Black went well with everything.



For your information, they charge a 16% fee which I don't quite understand because they don't call it a tip, and they discourage tipping. Well, for all practical purposes, you can just think of it as a tip! 




No comments:

Post a Comment