Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken

I found this recipe I thought I would try since I tend to make the same things repeatedly, especially if I don't have to think too much. This dish was so good that I decided to include the recipe. I invited a few friends who were happy to be my guinea pigs. 

Sandi brought these very impressive salad boats and cooked some green beans to go with the entrée. The chicken dish was yummy though I have to say it was probably because I altered it a bit. I used more butter. I didn't use the recommended low-fat cream cheese; instead, I used the regular high-fat one. I also did not believe the chicken would cook in just 2 minutes in the sauce because they were thick, so I simmered them for 20 minutes. In addition to that, I added salt, garlic powder, and freshly ground pepper to the chicken. I had made some smashed potatoes in the oven, and those crispy little patties were perfect, especially when some of the sauce from the chicken sipped through.

Dessert was Salted Caramel Panettone which I will blog about separately. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good “keeper” recipe! I will try it out. Thanks for sharing. Margarita

    ReplyDelete