Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Burger Bitch

Don't kill the messenger....that is really the name of the burger place. My son raved about this burger and immediately thought I might like it. He had it while he was in Long Beach, and upon investigation, I found out they had a location in Redondo Beach. They deliver via Doordash, so we had it the following day.

We both ordered the Caprese Burger; 6 oz signature burger patty, organic heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, avocado, basil leaves, balsamic reduction, olive oil on a brioche bun. Of course, when it got to our house, it was not as hot as we would have liked it, so my son stuck it in the microwave for a few about 35 seconds, which made the mozzarella melt a bit.


The big surprise is that the burger was so full of flavor, and it was unlike any other burger I have had. This is definitely one of my favorites. The balsamic reduction added a wonderful zing to the burger, and the texture of the green tomato contributed to the whole umami experience. I didn't need to add any ketchup or anything else to the burger. I was surprised with the reviews; some saying it was just o.k. To me, In and Out Burger is just o.k.; not much flavor and is so generic. I have not had any of their other burgers and can only speak for the Caprese. My son was able to try the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich; country-fried chicken, buffalo sauce, slaw with lemon herb mayonnaise. He said it was terrific as well. 

Next time, I would like to try their Pulled BBQ Jackfruit, which sounds intriguing. It has jalapeno, vegan slaw on a toasted vegan brioche vegan bun. The Dirty Mac also sounded good with mac n cheese, jalapeno, and bacon on the brioche bun. 

Burger Bitch has several locations. The easiest way is to just google them to see if there's one near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment