Saturday, March 20, 2021

Mrs. Darlington's Lemon & Lime Curd

A month ago, I was at World Market with my son picking up a few items. While my son was checking out the jams and jellies, an elderly lady started talking to him. I asked him if he knew her, and he said no, but she told him how she just loved their lemon curd. It was not expensive, so we both thought, what the heck, let's try it. There it sat in my refrigerator till last week when Sandi made some biscuits, and I thought it would be good to heat them up for breakfast and add some lemon-lime curd. 

After heating 2 biscuits at 400 degrees for 4 minutes, I sliced them up and added some butter before slathering the lemon-lime curd. That, along with strong coffee and whipping cream, made the perfect breakfast. The lemon-lime curd was very creamy with just the right amount of tang. I also had some Queso de Bola (aged Edam cheese) from Holland which is a salty cheese, to accompany my biscuits. 

The only problem now is I ran out of biscuits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment