Sunday, August 26, 2018

Experimental Spaghetti

I found another spaghetti recipe on the Internet which was really simple. The ingredients were olive oil, grape tomatoes, garlic and lots of basil; in other words a classic Pomodoro. The aroma of the garlic in olive oil brought me back to scene from a movie wherein an elderly mama from Italy was slaving away in her kitchen.


After the tomatoes had simmered and looked cooked, I then added the spaghetti and a bit of pasta water, seasoned it with some salt. I had even grated my own Parmesan to top the masterpiece. The verdict: It was blah! Not much flavor at all. Both friends said it was good though I know they were just being polite.  After adding a ton, and I mean a ton of Parmesan, it became edible. It just tasted too healthy for my taste.


The following day, Sandi asked me to bring her the leftover spaghetti. She sautéed fresh shrimp and added leftover Brussels sprouts, bacon, garlic, cherry tomatoes, white wine, chicken stock and red pepper flakes. Now, that was the real thing and it did taste soooo good! So sometimes, plain just doesn't do it. Although I must say, I loved the Pomodoro at Barilla Restaurant at South Coast. I don't know what their secret is but I obviously don't know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment