Sunday, August 19, 2018

Bibigo Fresh Korean Kitchen

When my family was visiting from Singapore, we went to the Del Amo Mall to shop and ended up having lunch at the food court. Everyone had their preference; one went to Pink's Hot Dogs, the others went to Blaze Pizza. My sister-in-law Grace decided to go to Bibigo. I don't know much about Korean food so she had me try hers and it was delicious. The only problem is I didn't make a note of whatever it was she ordered.

The other day, Sandi and I were at the mall and I was determined to try Bibigo. I really wanted to call Grace in Singapore but it was 2:00 a.m. there so she would not have picked up her phone. Luckily, it was a weekday and we were the first customers with no one after us so we were not pressured. I had the lady explain everything. I ordered the "Build Your Bibigo Bowl" Hot Stone. I started with a combination of rice and noodles. I   remember having sesame oil, carrots, corn, broccoli, bean sprouts, Bulgogi beef, crispy onions and more sesame oil.


The hot stone made the rice and noodles crispy. When everything was mixed and ready for consumption, I had my first bite and lo and behold I could not believe how delicious everything was. It made me feel proud that I was enjoying a lot of vegetables which were incredibly wonderful. Sandi felt the same way though I don't think she felt any pride since she actually loves her veggies.

I have to mention that our love for this bowl made us try another place a few days later. We ended up at a restaurant called Cho Dang Tofu in Torrance and we did order the Bibimbap. I was going to blog about it but decided it was not worth my time since it really was terrible. It was absolutely tasteless. I ended up asking for sesame oil and soy sauce to make it edible.

So, who would have thought that to get a delicious Korean bowl, all you have to do is head over to the food court at the Del Amo Mall in Torrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment