Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Spaghetti Pie for the 4th of July

Who said you have to barbecue on the 4th of July? No hamburgers, hot dogs or even apple pie. Instead, I made Spaghetti Pie and served it with a salad.


I lined the pan with cooked spaghetti which was drenched in butter, eggs , nd Parmesan cheese. I then put some large curd cottage cheese on top of the spaghetti.  I cooked two pounds of lean beef with onions, spaghetti sauce, spices and peas and again placed it on top of the cottage cheese. Baked the pie for 20 minutes and topped it with sharp shredded cheddar cheese. There were no complaints. The salad I made was just with olive oil and peach balsamic vinaigrette. I must mention that all loved the wine; Belpoggio Brunello di Montalcino.


Dessert was delicious, a Peach Bread Pudding furnished by Sandi. We waited till 9 p.m. to watch the fireworks from our backyard. It was a nice 4th of July.




1 comment: