Friday, July 21, 2017

Dominique's Kitchen

I haven't been to Dominique's in a while. I introduced Frank and Mary to Dominique's Restaurant last year. Ever since Frank had their Salmon and Sole, he was hooked. Last week while working out at the gym, Frank and I talked about my favorite subject; food. He mentioned that he hasn't been to Dominique's in a couple of months. Naturally, I said: " Let's go". Frank replied: "When?' Hence last night, Frank his wife Mary, Sandi and I were there even before the restaurant opened at 4:00 p.m. and yes, this was "seniors time" which we love because you get great service and a good parking spot.


We started with a bottle of Champagne. They gave me the liberty of ordering the appetizer. Since they've never had the fabulous Cheese Fondue, I ordered that for 2 people which is plenty for 4. I asked them to give us the truffle fries instead.
When the fries arrived, I dumped them all on the fondue and we all just scooped our own portions. I doubt you will find any fondue better than Dominique's.


I wanted Frank to try something other than fish. I suggested to him and Mary that they try the Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs cooked with Pinot Noir, tomato, garlic onions, and vegetables. It was served with a very creamy mashed potatoes. They did love it. Sandi and I had the 10oz. Prime Strip Loin in a brandy green peppercorn reduction. We both opted for the fries instead of the truffle infused potatoes though next time I think we should try that since we both love anything truffle flavored. We all had leftovers to take home.


We debated on whether we should order a dessert to share but before we could decide, Liza sent over our all time favorite; Baked Alaska! Believe it or not, we devoured Alaska in 2 minutes.


Dominique's Kitchen is located at 522 Pacific Coast Highway in Redondo Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment