Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Sidecar Doughnuts in Santa Monica

We went to see a movie at the Laemmle Royal and since we knew there was a Sidecar Doughnuts in Santa Monica not too far from the theater, we asked Google to guide us there as soon as we left the theater. We finally found the place after being misguided by google. We parked in the back and went in a building that had several business inside. There were arrows that led us to the store. It almost felt like we were being led to an illegal gambling room.

We entered the store and got a whiff of the various doughnuts. I bought a dozen of the Butter & Salt, Huckleberry, Old Fashioned Buttermilk, Chocolate Mint. I was disappointed that they didn't have the lemon, or blueberry cheesecake. Apparently, those 2 were specials. This time they had the strawberry cream which I thought I would try.


As soon as I got home, I tried the Strawberry Shortcake and it was just as delicious as the Blueberry Cheesecake I had in the past. I couldn't resist the dark chocolate mint so I took a bite. Not only did I not like it, I thought it was terrible. I love chocolate mint as a rule and I like mint ice cream with chocolate in it but somehow it didn't taste good as a doughnut. I gave Sandi one to take home and she didn't like it either. I found the buttermilk too sweet. The Huckleberry and the Butter & Salt are still my favorite. The monthly specials can be great but when you want to get more, you're out of luck.


It's nice to know that anytime you go to Sidecar, you can always count on warm Huckleberry, Butter & Salt Doughnuts and not get disappointed. They really are delicious. Keep in mind that these doughnuts are cake-like, unlike doughnuts you usually are accustomed to. Sidecar Doughnuts is located at 631 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica, California.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky me - since I was unable to go to the movie Karina brought me a Butter & Salt and a Huckleberry donut. Both were absolutely scrumptious. Huckleberry remains my favorite! But if that Strawberry Shortcake was as good as it looks in the pictures here I may have been willing to change my mind if I had tasted it!!!

    ReplyDelete