Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Authentic French Brioche

I went to Bristol Farms to get a French baguette but they were out of it. It was a cold evening and I had a big lunch so I felt like having soup and French bread. I didn't want to get the heavier Sourdough bread so I ended up with this Authentic French Brioche which is a product of France, imported by Euro Classic in New Jersey.


The soup I bought was also from Bristol Farms; Tomato Basil Bisque which I have had before and enjoyed. As I browsed in the cheese department, I came across something new: La Clare Goat Cheese Curds which looked good.


As I got home, I toasted a thick slice of the brioche and added some butter. I threw in small chunks (I chopped the larger pieces) of the goat cheese into the soup prior to heating it and added more after heating. The soup was so good with the chunks of chewy goat cheese. The texture was a nice addition to the soup which had lots of flavor from all sorts of vegetables and cream. The bread was unbelievably buttery and light. It is no wonder because when I looked at the ingredients, aside from the wheat flour, eggs, and sugar, it had concentrated butter, crѐme fraîche, and brandy. Then I noticed the price of this loaf of bread. It was a whopping $7.75!


My dinner was gratifying and pleasurable to say the least. It was a Bristol Farms dinner with the exception of my glass of red wine.

1 comment:

  1. I later found out that the loaf of bread was really $8.00, not $7.75

    ReplyDelete