Friday, February 24, 2017

A Feast at Lawry's The Prime Rib

I had friends from Boston this past week and when I suggested Lawry's for dinner, there were no objections because where else can you find the best prime rib and creamed corn but Lawry's. We got there early as usual to take advantage of the meatballs but more important to me are their homemade potato chips. This time I was prepared and brought along some salt since it isn't salty enough for my taste.


There were 9 of us. Not everyone ordered prime rib though most of us did. Ross ordered the Rib-eye which looked wonderful with the fried onion rings. Alma had the Trout, David had the Salmon which people have raved about and Trinity had the Lobster Tails which I love since it is always cooked to perfection. Our server Kim Kurek was delightful. She's worked there for more than 20 years. Most servers have worked there a long time. Lawry's must do something right because you can tell that the employees love what they do. 


I've spoken to the General Manager Mr. Aniel Chopra before but never met him in person. I finally had the pleasure of meeting him; a very pleasant and charming man. He came to our table and told us he would send something to the table for dessert. The something turned out to be an array of delicious desserts and champagne. I was not even aware they had so many desserts in the menu. Now I know! They were all quite edible, even the one on a diet ended up attacking them. 


Everyone had a great time. I thank Mr. Chopra for his generosity. We were all too full and pleasantly stuffed. 

Lawry's  The Prime Rib is located at 100 N. La Cienega in Beverly Hills, California.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious - nice photos. And that scoop of ice cream with the apple pie is the most perfectly rounded scoop I've ever seen served!!! I've never had the meatballs nor the homemade potato chips so I need to go with you next time, please.

    ReplyDelete