Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pancit Bihon

It has been at least 40 years ago since I made Pancit Bihon (rice noodles Filipino style). This was my grandmother's recipe and the reason for me not making it as often as I would like to is because there's a lot of work involved. You have to chop all the vegetables and the secret, according to Lola Neny is to fry each vegetable separately. For this experiment, I needed guinea pigs so I invited, the Nakasatos and Sandi over for dinner.


I also thought I would make Puto (native rice cake) which I left in the oven a tad too long so it turned yellowish and a bit crusty on top. It was a blessing in disguise because I thought it tasted better. Unlike the traditional puto, this was more like a muffin. The pancit was very good if I may say so myself. Everyone loved it. I will have to try to make it without individually frying the veggies to see if it will make a big difference. Since I was not sure the pancit would turn out edible, I went to Tacolipino a Mexican/Filipino restaurant and ordered Pork Sisig, and Bangus (milkfish) Sisig which was very good.


With all the work I had to do, I knew dessert had to be store bought. Since we were indulging in Filipino food, it was only natural to get my favorite cake from the Filipino bakery; Coffee Crunch Cake from Red Ribbon in Carson.


 All the guinea pigs went home happy and full.

1 comment:

  1. WOW - impressed with all the prep work you did and your tasty results, Candy!

    ReplyDelete