Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Dinner at Home

Invited friends; Fairoz, Medhat and Sandi over for a simple pre-Halloween dinner. The menu was a Salad, Shepherd's Pie and Ginger-Maple Vegetables with Pecans.  Appetizers consisted of cheese and crackers, grapes and Sandi's Meatballs which are always a hit.


The Shepherd's Pie turned out to be very good if I may say so myself. Everyone loved it. The vegetables were good as far as veggies go....not very far. I can't really get too excited but I thought I had to serve it. One of the guests who shall remain nameless did not eat his veggies. He later confessed that he is just not fond of vegetables.


I made a Calamansi Pie for dessert (Philippine lime) and topped it with Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Crisps; Belgian chocolate with crunchy bits. It went well with the tartness of the Calamansi.


It was a fun evening with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment