Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Great Maple

I met an old and dear friend  whom I haven't seen in a long time for lunch at the Great Maple in Torrance.


When we finally looked at the extensive menu, I was hoping that they brought back the most incredible Pork Belly Flatbread. See my previous blog that shows and explains what was so wonderful about it.
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2016/04/great-maple.html

I was disappointed once more as they have not brought it back. Dora and I settled for the Prosciutto Flatbread with the fried egg. We had them put the egg on the side since Dora was not sure about the egg. I will have to educate her....We also ordered the Burger with truffle fries. The flatbread was very good but nothing like the fantastic Pork Belly. It's like traveling first class then having to settle for business class the next time. The burger was good and the fries made it more enjoyable.


We had so much fun reminiscing on the old times when we worked at the first outpatient surgery center in Torrance (Southwest Surgical Clinic). We are both looking forward to our next eating rendezvous.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had both a good friend and good food at that luncheon. How did the truffle fries compare to those at Chez Melange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chez's truffle fries were a lot better!

    ReplyDelete