Monday, October 3, 2016

Fishing With Dynamite

It's been three years since I was at Fishing with Dynamite restaurant. The last time I was there, my friend and I were seated next to a couple that ordered the fresh shellfish platter and the tables being so close together, I was tempted to take an oyster from the platter.


This early evening, I went with Sujata who didn't used to eat oysters but thank God she has been "born again".  Since my eating partner Sandi is in the east coast, I thought it was a perfect time to indulge since she does not like fresh oysters or mussels. She hasn't seen the light yet.

We were there at 5 pm and there were already a few people. Our first server, Levi was kind and very accommodating. He first informed us that there was no lobster so they would just give us extra crab. I never order crab because it is not fun to eat it; it takes away from my eating pleasure so I asked if he would have the kitchen really crack them and he said it would not be a problem. He returned after a few minutes to inform us that the lobster has arrived!


The platter arrived with 3 different kinds of Oysters, Clams, Mussels, 4 jumbo Shrimps and 1/2 Atlantic Lobster. The lobster was semi-cracked. At this time, we had a different server named Casey who was just as nice as Levi. Sujata and I looked at the lobster and asked Casey if she would have the kitchen do a little surgery on our lobster. She happily took it away and returned the naked lobster to us all ready for consumption. It was cooked to perfection, plump and juicy. The oysters were super delicious and so were the shrimps and mussels. There was a array of sauces. The sauce wherein the mussels were cooked, ponzu sauce, and 4 condiments.


When we finished our Shellfish Platter, we split an order of the Crab Cake. We have had this the last time we were at the restaurant and remembered how good it was. It seemed even better this time. It's one of the best crab cakes I have had; chunks of crab with the mustard remoulade served with the in house dill pickle which complemented the crab cake beautifully.


I heard the party next to us order rice and I was happy they now have that on the menu because three years ago, we ordered the Whole Snapper which was fabulous (signature dish). The problem was we wanted rice or potatoes to go with it and the only thing they had was French fries which was good but not the perfect pair.

We remembered the dessert we ordered last time; Pretzel and Chocolate Bread Pudding with salted caramel and marscapone ice cream. That was insanely delicious. They are also known for the Key Lime Pie so we decided to split one. It was very good but I must say, nothing beats the Pretzel and Chocolate Bread Pudding.  See previous blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/12/fishing-with-dynamite.html


I have to mention that the place being so small and people close together can get very noisy. The loud music did not help so it was hard to hear each other. I asked Casey if it was possible to turn down the music a bit. She agreed to do so with a smile on her face. Both our servers could not have been nicer.

I look forward to going back to Fishing with Dynamite hopefully sooner than the last time. I won't be waiting another 3 years and that's for sure. Fishing with Dynamite is located at 1148 Manhattan Ave. in Manhattan Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment