Sunday, May 8, 2016

Santa Monica Yacht Club

My brother took me to this restaurant last week for my birthday. The venue was not what I expected at all. It is not your typical Yacht Club by a marina. It's just a restaurant that specializes in seafood.


The menu is designed for small plates. The categories were as follows: Raw, Crustacean, Fish, Meat, Garden. The Oysters caught my eye but Gary was not as excited as I was so we went directly to the Crustaceans. The Lobster Burrata Toast with lemon, tarragon and chili flake had to be ordered. One of my favorite items, the Soft Shell Crab, Singaporean chili sauce, cilantro and pea shoots was also ordered. The lobster burrata was delicious. The soft shell crab was also delicious and went well with the Lobster Rice we ordered.


From the Fish section, we had the Blackened Catfish with lemongrass risotto and baby artichoke salad. We also decided to get the Amber Ale Marinated Skirt Steak with white sweet potato puree. Everything was tasty, the only thing that sort of ruined the ambiance was the presence of 4 women that sat next to us in very close proximity;  they behaved like they were the only customers in the restaurant. This was before they had their wine!



There were not too many choices for dessert. the only thing that I would have liked was the Key Lime Pie. Gary agreed even if he usually does not like any tart desserts. He gave the go ahead to order the Key Lime Pie; after all, it was my birthday. It arrived with huckleberry whipped cream.
I had just a few bites as it did not have a hint of tartness. In fact, I could not even taste the lime. Gary loved it for that reason.


Santa Monica Yacht Club is located at 620 Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment