Sunday, May 1, 2016

Petrossian

A friend and I ended up at Petrossian for an early dinner yesterday. They are open from Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. On weekends, they open at 10:00 a.m. and offer a brunch. I have previously blogged about this restaurant. There are just too many good things to try. Here's my last blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2011/12/champagne-wishes-and-caviar-dreams.html


This time, instead of the lovely Egg Royale, I wanted to try something different. We had a couple of appetizers. The Oursinade was soft scrambled egg with Santa Barbara sea urchin, salmon roe with chives. The combination of the very soft scrambled eggs and the sweetness and buttery uni was undeniably delicious. The other appetizer was the Caviar Flatbread; unlike the Buckwheat Blinis, this was already made. There was no need to fill individual blinis and balance the fillings. The flatbread had the creme fraiche, chives, red onion, capers and chopped egg. It was easy consumption and wonderful with our champagne.


For our entree, my friend ordered the Artic Char, a  coldwater fish related to the salmon. This was served with asparagus, watercress, caviar and smoked sturgeon sauce. The skin was nice and crisp. For fish lovers, this was excellent. I could not pass on the Caviar Pasta; nice aldente pasta with creme fraiche, fleur de caviar and chives. I could eat this everyday as a primi. It was wonderful.


Andy, our server was most attentive, always there to refill our glasses with champagne. She later came to ask us if we would be interested in looking at the dessert menu. Before she could finish her sentence, I said: "Yes, we will be ordering some dessert". My friend had the Tarte aux Pommes; apple tart with vanilla ice cream. I had the Poached Pear Belle Helene with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. It usually comes with toasted almonds but I told them to hold the almonds. I ate the whole thing!


Petrossian is located at 321 N. Robertson Blvd. in West Hollywood. They have street parking, no valet but the valet of the restaurant across the street will work for Petrossian customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment