Sunday, May 22, 2016

Kimpura

Our first meal in Manila was Kimpura.  My brother Dino treated Sandi, my mom and I for lunch.  We were planning to have a light lunch since I was treating the whole family at a Filipino restaurant for dinner.


My mom decided on the California Maki which has Kani, rice, cucumber and mango instead of the usual avocado and fish eggs. It was an easy choice for 3 of us to decide what to order. It had to be Shrimp Tempura.   We all skipped the soup and just decided to order a la carte. Three of us had our Shrimp Tempura with rice and Dino ordered his with Tenzaru Soba which is a noodle that has the texture and looks like rubber bands. It is served cold. This intrigued me so I naturally had to try it. I must say that it was not bad at all. It might be healthier than the regular white rice; at least by the looks of it.


We enjoyed the shrimps as they were very light. We were all good and adhered to the normal way of Japanese dining drinking hot tea. No soda, beer or sake, just plain tea to burn the calories.

Kimpura has several locations. We went to the one in Greenhills.

No comments:

Post a Comment