Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fettuccine Alfredo at Musso & Frank

I vowed to return to Musso & Frank not just for the Beef Grenadine with the wonderful Bearnaise sauce but to try the so called "Original Fettuccine Alfredo". For those of you who have not tried the original in Rome, you will have to add this to your bucket list since it is unlike any other Alfredo you have had.


My friend Mary has never been to Musso & Frank so I thought it was a good place to celebrate her birthday. We ordered a bottle of Montepulciano wine which was quite good. The sourdough bread was a hit. Mary loved it and even commented on the butter which was very good.


Since I already knew that the Beef Grenadine was delicious and knowing Mary loves her steak, I thought it would be good to share an order of beef and split an order of the Fettuccine Alfredo. That way, we wouldn't be overloading on our carbs (like I really care). We were very happy with our beef; the extra Bearnaise I asked for made it even better. This dish is so good that I don't think I can order anything else next time. The Alfredo looked like the original and I must say was close to the one we have had in Rome but not quite. It was was nice and light. The flavor was very good and had an additional ingredient I couldn't identify. Erick, our server told us it had chicken stock. If you can't get to Roma to sample the real thing. This is second best. I would definitely order it again.


I strongly suggest you have both the Beef Grenadine and the Fettuccine Alfredo. This was a perfect combination.


Mary was presented with a Brownie that had dulce de leche and caramel with vanilla ice cream on top. She was nice enough to share it with me...this was sinful and just plain yummy!


Musso & Frank is located at 6667 Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood California. They are open for lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday. Closed on Mondays and open at 4pm on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment