Monday, January 5, 2015

Tnt's Aloha Cafe

I've been to this place only once many years ago even though it is in the same parking lot where I have my nails done. I think I was not adventurous enough then so I just had regular bacon and eggs.

My friend and I ended up here by default. We were going to the Crepe place but they only had seats outside and it was a very cold afternoon so we walked passed the Mongolian Beef restaurant and landed at the Aloha Cafe.


It was almost 2:00 p.m. and the place was still very busy and full. We had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. After looking at the menu, we decided to order 2 plates to split. We got the TnT's Own Style Portuguese Sausage & Eggs and the Spam (yes....spam) & Eggs. Both plates came with a choice of rice and potatoes. We opted for the steamed white rice.

When the food came, Sandi immediately did the divisions as we were both starving. I only remembered to take pictures after we had already split everything. Now we understand why this place has been around a long time and why there is always a crowd of people. Nothing gourmet about anything. It is no nonsense comfort food which will remind you of home. Home for me was the Philippines. We used to eat spam dipped in eggs and then fried. Hawaiians love their spam as well. Sandi too remembered having fried spam as a kid growing up in Vermont; they either just sliced it off from the can and made it into sandwiches with mustard or sometimes fried. So I guess, spam was and is an international comfort food. The Portuguese sausage was made into patties and they were a bit spicy so it went well with the steamed rice.


We did enjoy our brunch at the Aloha Cafe. They are located at the Village Center, 24034 Vista Montana in Torrance, California. They are open everyday except Mondays. On the weekends, they open at 7:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment