Saturday, January 17, 2015

Smash Burger

My hairdresser, Jody alerted me about this burger joint in Redondo Beach. She said they were good; not outstanding but good. She had the Classic Smash.  Sandi and I at the last minute wanted to go for burgers last night, so I got excited, (I know, it takes little to excite me these days) and told her we should try Smash Burger.

Again, we thought it to be a good idea to order 2 burgers to split in case one is not good, we would still have a good half.  The L.A. Burger caught our eyes. Crispy wonton, fried egg, cilantro, cucumber, ginger dressing, lettuce & tomato on a black & white sesame seed bun. The other was a Truffle mushroom Swiss, truffle mayo, sauteed crimini mushrooms and aged Swiss on an egg bun. The cashier volunteered splitting both in half. Wow, I liked her attitude and enthusiasm. She should be promoted! We also ordered the Smashfries which are French fries tossed in rosemary, olive oil and garlic.

The burgers came and our server asked what sauces we would like. I ordered ranch to go with some ketchup for our fries and aioli sauce just because.... We had the L.A. burger first. We couldn't believe how good it was. This was in fact better than just good. The big crunchy wonton was great. The fried egg was well done so it didn't ooze out as you bit into the burger but you could definitely taste the egg that went well with the rest of the ingredients. The Truffle Mushroom burger was also good but compared to L.A. one, I would skip that and go for the L.A. Burger. The fries were very tasty dipped in the ranch ketchup dressing. I found a good use for the aioli . It enhanced my burger which made me enjoy it even more.



I cannot believe that our friend Cindy has not mentioned Smash Burger to us especially since she lives around the corner. If she hasn't been there, then she is forgiven and now she will know what she has been missing.

Smash Burger has several locations: Buena Park, Culver City, Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Thousand Oaks and Monrovia. The one in Redondo Beach is located in a shopping center in the corner of Pacific Coast Hwy. and Beryl in Redondo Beach, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment