Thursday, January 29, 2015

Berthillon

Glaces & Sorbets de la Berthillon is the place my friend Ana recommended to have the best ice cream in Paris. Restaurants that serve their products always mention they get their ice cream from there. All Ana told me was it was located at the Ile de la Cite (little island on the Seine).

As soon as we crossed the bridge, we were on the lookout for Berthillon. We found it quickly and as I zeroed in on the shop, my heart sunk when the shop was all dark and it looked lifeless. We all thought it was closed in the winter time. Ramon kept walking and suddenly called us as he discovered it was open. They had 2 parts to the store: thank God.


We sat down in this little ice cream parlor. They had numerous flavors and you could get your ice cream on a cone which was very small, or on a waffle bowl which looked a lot better.


Gary and Ramon ordered the Moka (coffee), Milena the Praline Pignons, Sandi the Pistache and I had the Caramel-Buerre Sale (salted caramel). I was very happy with mine. The Moka was excellent, the coffee was very strong the way we like it.


When it was time to pay and everyone took their money out, I could not find my wallet. To make the long story short, I came to the conclusion that my wallet was taken from my purse in the metro. This put a damper on our state of euphoria.
The good news is I was not hurt in the process. I could have been stabbed as I would not have let go of my purse had I been aware. So, thank God again!

No comments:

Post a Comment