Saturday, January 10, 2015

Lobstermania

Sandi and I both got Live Lobsters in the mail the other day. I have no problem cooking lobsters as I anesthetize them first before dunking them in the boiling water. Since she got 2 and I got 2, we thought we would combine them and have them for dinner. I was lucky enough to be busy as I had to take my husband for minor surgery. Sandi had to cook the lobsters on her own.
She consulted her son for a very good recipe. She did get ambitious and wanted to make a stuffing for the handsome lobsters.

Early afternoon, I got a text which read: "Yuk, Yuk, Yuk, I will never eat lobsters again". I had just gotten home and called her immediately. She was severely traumatized when she had to clean and take all the guts and green stuff off to the point that she really did not want to have any part of Mr. Lobster. Since she had already stuffed the lobsters ready to be baked at my house, I thought the least I could do is get her something else. I bought a couple of Filet Mignon's which I marinated and cooked for her. The lobsters were big and the stuffing looked wonderful.


When we got them out of the oven, we stood around and just admired them and tried to decide what to do next. Sandi became the surgeon once again. She managed to do O.R.I.F. (open reduction internal fixation). The person next to her, my husband was her previous patient.


We ate the tail first which was delicious but boy was it a chore. We cracked, and swore and cracked and swore.  Aaron sat next to me and I thank God for that as he had more experience and offered to do the rest of  the cracking. I have to to tell you that pieces were flying all over.


Though we all thought the lobsters were delicious, it was unanimous that we all would rather pay the $$$ to go to a restaurant and have it all ready to eat! This is now the second item I will not cook again, the first being prime rib. (Lawry's would be the place for that). It was just to stressful and I could not totally enjoy the dining experience.


Dessert was a store bought fudge chocolate cake. That was totally stress free.



No comments:

Post a Comment