Thursday, January 29, 2015

L'Eclair De Genie

The best eclair I have had so far is from L'Eclair De Genie in Paris.  My brother Gary, Ramon and Milena have been there numerous times and they often talked about the wonderful eclairs.

While we were window shopping, we came across the shop so I immediately went in and Sandi followed. The rest of the gang were in another store shopping.  I could not believe my eyes.....eclairs all over and they were just beautiful; like works of art!  I just wanted to sit down and absorb the beauty of them all.


None of them wanted to buy any since we were on our way to another bakery to sample their goods. I could not pass this opportunity so I had to try at least one.
I got the salted caramel. I had a bite and felt like I died and went straight to heaven. It was not too sweet and had the right proportions of the ingredients.


The sales person informed us that they had another store closer to our hotel near Saint Germain des Pres. That was the good news. The bad news is we are leaving tomorrow.  Maybe L'Eclair De Genie will open a store in Los Angeles in the near future. I can only hope for every one's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment