Sunday, September 1, 2013

Alpine Village Market

If you like anything German as far as food goes, you most likely will find it at the Alpine Village Market in Torrance.

My favorite sausage that I get for either 4th of July or Labor Day is the Weisswurst. This is made with veal and pork. When cooked on the grill served with your favorite mustard, there is nothing like it.  Many other sausages are sold along with the deli meats including their famous Black Forest Ham. In the Deli section, they sell ready made sauerkraut, meat salad, herring salads etc. There's just so much to see.



My friend and I went this morning to pick up my order.  Of course, I did not leave with just the sausage. My friend and I were there for about 40 minutes browsing and investigating.  They have a large variety of mustards made in Germany. Lots of chocolates from Germany, Switzerland, and Poland. If you like marzipan, they have the best ones from Niederegger but since this is the real thing, you will pay the price. It's quite expensive.  Different jams and jellies you don't see in your neighborhood supermarket are on display.


They have a bakery but I could never get excited with their pastries except the Princess cake which is made with marzipan. It's not the best but it's good enough.
The German rolls (brotchen) and French rolls are much better than their pastries.

Alpine Village Market is located at 833 W. Torrance Blvd. in Torrance, California.
Their hours are Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment