Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Trout from Convict Lake

Our friends Nako and Amy spent Labor Day in Mammoth in the Sierra Nevada and did some fishing.  They caught some trout at Convict Lake which is about 10 minutes south of Mammoth Lakes across the airport.

They were nice enough to share some of their catch with us. Nako suggested I fry them in bacon fat. Anything fried in bacon has to be good.  First I squeezed a whole lemon on the 3 pieces of trout. Seasoned them with salt and pepper plus some of the seasoned Lawry's salt and pepper. I then proceeded in frying 2 pieces of thick bacon cut in half. When the bacon was done, I removed them and set them aside. I added a bit of butter to the pan then placed the papa, mama, and baby trout in the pan and cooked them till they were done.


I was at Trader Joe's earlier and decided to get something easy to accompany the trout.
I ended up getting the Fettuccine with Mushrooms. They are so easy to cook; you just add water to the pan, dump the contents in the pan and cook it on high. Though this was quite good, I think the Fettuccine Alfredo would have gone better with the trout.



Thank you to Nako, Amy, Bryce and Lisa for the wonderful trout!  Don't know who actually caught our fish.....

No comments:

Post a Comment