Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Sugarfish dineLA

I was excited to see Sugarfish as one of the restaurants participating in dineLA.  I mentioned it to my friend Yvonne who loves sushi and sashimi. We decided to go as soon as they opened to avoid crowds.

It was convenient to find the metered parking structure right next to the restaurant. 

We started with a beer as we both agreed that this was the perfect partner for any Japanese food. We first got a dish of Edamame. I would have loved for it to be warm as opposed to cold. I wonder if next time, I could ask them to pop it in the microwave?


Shortly after we finished our edamame, our server brought us a bowl of Salmon Sashimi which we loved. Then came 2 pieces of Albacore Sushi and w pieces of Salmon Sushi. We were both just making sounds which reminded me of Meg Ryan at a restaurant in the movie "When Sally Met Harry."

After that, we got a Toro Hand Roll which was nice and crisp outside and just yummy inside. 

Then came 2 more pieces of Japanese Yellowtail Sushi and 2 pieces of Hokkaido Sea Scallops Sushi. Yvonne isn't fond of scallops but was willing to try. To my disappointment, she ended up liking it. If she hadn't, I would have done her the favor of consuming them.

For the finale, we got a Blue and Dungeness Crab Hand Roll. That was super delicious. Though we were no longer hungry, I could have eaten maybe 2 more pieces of something. Everything was just so good that it got my mojo going in high gear!


Yvonne surprised me by getting the bill. She argued that this was a belated birthday treat. Thank you, my friend, for a wonderful lunch. 

Sugarfish has multiple locations, but we went to the one closest to us, which was in Manhattan Beach, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment