Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Meet in Paris

I finally got to take advantage of $1.00 Oyster Day at  Meet in Paris, which they offer every Wednesday anytime after 4:00 p.m. Sandi could not share my enthusiasm since she dislikes raw oysters. She ordered the Grilled Artichoke. The artichoke was not to her liking nor mine. By grilling the artichoke, there was not enough meat left to eat. She had 3 pieces and I tried 1 and agreed with her. Our server, Alice, apologized and was quick to offer something else. She ordered the Calamari which she thought was one of the best Calamari she ever had. It was definitely delicious, especially with some shaved parmesan cheese. My Oysters could not have been better though I think I should have ordered a dozen because I just inhaled the six pieces. They were served with lemon which was totally divine; just the taste of the sea without any other distractions from any sauce.



Before we had our appetizers, we were served their freshly baked French Bread which we enjoyed.

For our entree, Sandi had the Steak Frites. She gave me a piece to try which was so flavorful along with the fries. I ordered the Mussels with Truffle and Mushrooms. They used to have many other sauces which they have now narrowed down to six. It took me a while to consume mine because I had to free the mussels from their shells and dump them back into the soup. There were about 25-30 mussels!!! When it was all done I thought it was time to add some of Sandi's fries into the soup and only then was I ready to start eating. I was in heaven once again.

I usually always have room for dessert but this time, I ran out of room. Sandi did not complain about not ordering dessert. She was in the same boat as I. 

Alice, our charming Italian server was on the ball and we loved her. A young guy who just started working there was also attentive and cleared our plates as soon as we finished. He even asked us if we wanted more bread. Sandi and I looked at each other because we did want more but decided not to order so we could enjoy the rest of the food.


Meet in Paris is located at 9727 Culver Blvd. in Culver City, California.






No comments:

Post a Comment