Friday, June 3, 2022

Forma in Venice

I have been to Forma on Montana in Santa Monica numerous times before, and I have asked Mario, the owner when he would open one closer to home. Though it is still not close to Palos Verdes, he finally did but it is still closer than Santa Monica. His new location in Venice is bigger than the one in Sta. Monica l and it looks more lively.

Sandi and I love the Crispy Artichoke Salad; fried artichokes, arugula, fennel, snow peas, walnuts, and aged goat cheese. It is almost a meal in itself. We both ordered one, and we were not about to share this incredibly delicious salad. The proportion of all the ingredients is just perfect! I usually do not like fennel, but the right amount makes it work.

We could not dine at this restaurant without ordering a pasta dish. Among our favorites are, Cacio e Pepe, Tortellini, Fettuccini Bolognese, and Pappardelle Wild Boar Ragu. We settled for the Tortellini; mushrooms, light cream, truffle oil, tossed with bella lodi cheese, also known as black Parmesan. We figured this would be easy to split between the two of us. After the first bite, we both looked at each other and had that look of love! I keep forgetting how good everything is at Forma and that I really should keep refreshing my memory. 

The dessert had to be the Banana Pecan Tart with Chocolate which was divine. Our server Liza was attentive and sweet. 

 

It was nice to see and visit Mario. Mario, your next project is to open a Forma in Palos Verdes or Torrance District. I'll keep my fingers crossed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment