Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Limoncello Gouda Cheese

Sounds a bit odd, but I was excited when Zohreh served this cheese from Trader Joe's. I absolutely loved it, so I bought some. 

Yesterday was a warm day, and I wanted to experiment and make Moscow Mules for Sandi and me. I don't have copper mugs, so the next best thing was serving them in Waterford scotch glasses. I chilled the glasses and the vodka before mixing the drink.

The drink called for some hors d' oeuvres, so I opened the package of the Limoncello Gouda and served it with tiny crackers. We also had truffle fries from Trader Joe's, cashew nuts, some wood-fired grilled olives, and salted cashews. 

Everything was perfect. The Moscow Mule was refreshing; vodka and ginger beer with fresh lime. Sandi enjoys champagne now and then, but an hour later, I found her on top of her bed, her head on the foot part and her arms hanging out of the bed! I asked if she was taking a nap and her response was, " The drink made me really tired." It was a funny sight to see; I should have taken a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment