Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Lemon Poppyseed Scones

 I remember baking these scones a long time ago when most of the scones you could buy were hard and dry. Of course, nothing will ever compare to the ones I used to get at L'Amande Bakery! I found a bag of the Poppyseed Scones in my pantry the other day and to my surprise has not yet expired so I thought of baking some yesterday after my morning walk. The best part was the only thing I had to add was cold water, and no electric mixer or numerous bowls were involved; just a fork to mix the bag's contents with some water.

It baked for 16 minutes and the house smelled so good. I had it with butter, lemon marmalade and a slice of sharp cheese. Today, I experimented using lemon curd. I preferred the lemon curd, and with that, you really don't need the butter. These scones are quite delicious and very easy to bake.

I will now have to try the other products from Sticky Fingers. This is my kind of baking; no mess, no fuss!


No comments:

Post a Comment