Saturday, December 11, 2021

Fatto a Mano

After seeing West Side Story in Dolby yesterday,  Amy and I were all hyped up and ready to twirl and make some dance moves at the  AMC parking lot, not! We were both hungry, so I suggested going to Fatto a Mano. They have great pasta and the last time I was there with Sandi was to just pick up a couple of pasta dishes and some pizza to take home. We planned to dine in this time even if they're not really set up for that since they just have 3 small tables. The advantage is that you get to eat everything fresh and hot.

We got there roughly at 5:30 p.m., which is a late dinner by my standards. To be expected, the restaurant was bustling. People were inside, and later, a line developed outside. Amy ordered the Cacio e, Pepe, though she's never had it. I assured her it would be good. I love Cacio e Pepe so I figured if she didn't like it, I would gladly help out. I ordered the Carbonara, which I have not had. The pasta was aldente, and both were so good. Amy loved the "bacon," which I suspect was guanciale which had more fat, hence tastier.

Amy, who doesn't get too excited over food like I do, couldn't get over how delicious the food was and couldn't wait to tell her kids. She made sure she got a copy of their menu to take home. I have to mention that the portions of the pasta are pretty small and you really need a salad or something else to satisfy your hunger. It was getting too busy and full of people, so Amy and I decided not to have dessert. But just as we stood up, our server, Liz, stopped us and asked us to stay for some hot chocolate. How could we refuse? She came with 2 thick hot chocolate cups, and it was perfect. Amy never had thick chocolate before, and for someone that professes not to like dessert or sweets, she finished hers like a shot of tequila while I sipped mine savoring every sip.

Fatto a Mano is as authentic Italian as it can get, and I just hope they can expand soon and be the fantastic restaurant they deserve to be.  Fatto a Mano is located at 610 Torrance Blvd. in Redondo Beach, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment