Friday, December 17, 2021

Chart House

I was invited for dinner at the Chart House last night, and I was excited because the last time I was there may have been 25 years ago. It was drizzling, foggy, and cold outside, and we were the first ones seated, so I immediately took pictures while no one was sitting. 

My friend Sugar (her stage name) frequents this restaurant, so she has her favorite dishes. She suggested we start with the Shrimp, Avocado, Mango Stack for our appetizer. Sounded good to me. This was more than good; it was absolutely delicious and refreshing. It was almost too pretty to eat. 

Sugar ordered the Seafood Pot Pie; lobster, shrimp, scallops, asparagus, mushroom under a roof of puff pastry crust. She also ordered the Sizzling Mushrooms, which she had before for us to share. 

I had the 7oz. Filet Mignon with the Garlic Mashed Potatoes. My steak was cooked to perfection, and it was tender and juicy. The mushrooms were so good, probably sautéed in butter. Sugar insisted I try her pot pie, and it was succulent and would be something I would order in the future. 

Our server Victor was very attentive and poured our wine from the bottle I brought anytime the level of red wine got low. It was just a lovely evening watching the ocean, and a courageous soul came out of the water from surfing. It was getting dark by then. You can't beat the ambiance of a lovely dining room with an ocean view. 

I have to mention, Sugar got a lot of compliments from her wild boots. With Sugar, you just never know what to expect. Flamboyant is her middle name.

Chart House is located at 231 Yacht Club Way in Redondo Beach, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment