Sunday, November 28, 2021

Republique

This was one of Sandi's lists to dine one more time before she left for Florida. I happen to agree with her choice since I can't get enough of this place. Gary, Sandi, Amy, Zohreh, and I met at Republique. Amy and Zohreh have never been, so we had a few suggestions. We planned to have breakfast there but also get some pastries to take home. We, of course, told them to buy some Raspberry Pistachio Kouign Amann's. The sad part was they ran out of them after I bought 8-10. Gary has only had the regular Kouign Amann, which is delicious, but I told him to try the raspberry-pistachio, which is so much better. The lady helping him suggested he try the Parisienne Flan (French Custard Pie), so he got one along with 8 Bombolinis! While we waited for our breakfast order, Gary was kind enough to share the Flan. He had the first bite, and while we were slicing slivers to try, he started moaning, and shortly after, I started moaning, and the rest followed! It was pure heaven. It's like we all died and went straight up to heaven.


Amy ordered the Croque Madame, which was too much for her, so she ended up taking half of it home. Sandi ordered the Avocado Toast, which we've had before. I also ordered what I had previously, which was the Potato Pancake with Smoked Salmon. Zohreh had the Mushroom toast, which I also loved. Gary ordered the Belgian Waffle with fruit. 



We were all happy campers. If Republique were closer, I know I would be there at least once a week! Republique is located at  624 S. La Brea in Los Angeles, California.





No comments:

Post a Comment