Sunday, November 14, 2021

La Bocca Felice

Amy's daughter Lynn treated Sandi for dinner, and Amy and I were lucky to be invited. She took us to this Italian restaurant in San Pedro, La Bocca Felice, which translates to "happy mouth."  Indeed we all ended up with happy mouths!

Sandi, Amy, and I have never been there, but Lynn has previously had the pleasure of dining there. She ordered a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and an appetizer for us to share; Capesante were wild jumbo scallops, seared with dried cranberries, pine nuts cooked in Marsala wine. This dish was outstanding.


Amy and Sandi ordered the Pappardelle Short Rib Ragu. That sounded so good, so I asked Sandi if she would be willing to share that if I ordered the Vitello Marsala, thinly sliced veal seared with portobello mushrooms cooked in a sweet marsala wine sauce. She happily agreed. We both thought that the pasta was cooked to perfection and the veal was tender, juicy, and had a wonderful flavor.

 

Lynn had the Pesce Del Giorno (fish of the day), which happened to be Sea Bass. I had a bite of this delicious flaky fish with veggies. 

Though everyone was full, Lynn didn't have difficulty persuading us into ordering dessert. Amy and Lynn shared the Panna Cotta, which they seemed to enjoy. Sandi had the Cannoli, which made her very happy, and I chose the Sorbeto Al Limone, which had the right amount of tartness and was an excellent finale for my meal.

I can't wait to go back to La Bocca Felice. After all, my mouth should always be happy! La Bocca Felice is located at 301 W. 6th St. in San Pedro, California.







No comments:

Post a Comment