Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Back to La Bocca Felice

My friend Sugar has never been to this restaurant, and after I told her I've recently been there, and it was terrific, she thought it a good idea to meet for dinner. She was impressed with the decor. Corkage is free, so I took advantage of that and brought a bottle of 2008 Director's Cut, Francis Ford Coppola's Zinfandel. Since the wine was old, the cork broke upon opening. Francisco, our server, took the bottle with him so he could pour it into a decanter. I was afraid that the wine might not be good, but to our surprise, it was excellent. 


We had to order the Capesante, which I had the last time, and couldn't stop dreaming of having it again. These were the large scallops with cranberries and pine nuts cooked with Marsala wine. I think they can make this into an entree and serve it mashed potatoes! 

Sugar ordered the Vitello Marsala, which I had previously and was absolutely delicious. She did love it. I wanted to order the Pappardelle Short Ribs again but thought I should try something different. I talked myself into ordering the Pizza Bianca with prosciutto, gorgonzola, parmigiano reggiano, mozzarella, topped with honey, yes, honey! I once had a similar pizza in the Philippines, and we were given the option of squeezing spicy honey on our pizza, and it was great. I was not aware that it came in 2 sizes; small and medium. They gave me a medium, and we were both shocked at the size of it, humungous. I immediately thought I would take half home to my son. I ended up eating most of it and only left 2 slices!

I wanted to meet the owner to give him my compliments to the restaurant and the chef. Nima was apologetic since he thought he hadn't dressed appropriately, I told him he looked fine, and it showed how the big boss was working and getting his hands dirty, so to speak.

La Bocca Felice does not disappoint. I'm just sorry I have not discovered this restaurant sooner. La Bocca Felice is located at 301 W. 6th St. in San Pedro, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment