Sunday, April 18, 2021

Winston Pies

My brother brought two 5-inch mini pies (one serves 2) last week.  According to him, he has had various flavors, and the Carolina Classic Cherry is the best. We had it for dessert, and indeed it was yummy. The cherries were big and plump with just a bit of tartness. The pie was not sweet, and the crust was delicious. 

I just think the pie is overpriced. The regular 11-inch pie cost $48.00, and the 5-inch that serves two cost $10.00. Though the pie was delectable, it was not outstanding. I believe in quality, but I have to say that if my friend Sandi tries to replicate this cherry pie, the taste will come very close to Winston, if not better! 

Winston Pies have two locations; one in Brentwood and the other in West Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment