Monday, September 28, 2020

Dominique's Kitchen Three Course Menu


I miss going to one of my favorite restaurants in the South Bay, Dominique's Kitchen, the small and intimate restaurant where guests are treated like family members by the owners, Dominique and Liza.

Since the pandemic, they have not been able to open for indoor dining. What they have is a successful Three Course Menu for pick up. My friend Cindy has done this with a friend, and she mentioned how delicious it was and that you get so much food. I never doubted the quality of food but was not sure it would still be as good when picked up and eaten at home.

Yesterday was the day to experiment. My son and his friend were home, so I decided to pick up dinner for the 3 of us. I was to pick it up at 4:30 p.m. At 4:00, I was just starting to leave the house and accidentally glanced at the clock on the wall. It showed the time as 4:40 p.m. I thought the battery was dead, and it probably stopped the day before until I looked at the oven clock, which read the same! My wristwatch had stopped. So I hurried and jumped in the car and got there around 5 p.m. I was so upset and thought the food won't be as good, so I stupidly raced back home; luckily, my guardian angel was with me, and I didn't get into an accident nor get a speeding ticket. 

As soon as I got home, we unpacked all the boxes and put them on plates. I was too excited with my humungous Roasted Chicken with au jus and garlic fries that I forgot to take a picture. I ordered the Caesar Salad as my appetizer. For dessert, I chose the cheese platter with dried fruit and nuts.

My son had the Beet Salad, his entée was the Beef Bourguignon with creamy mashed potatoes, and for dessert, he had the Raspberry Parfait. We both wanted the Rack of Lamb, but they were out of it. It is wise to order days before to make sure you get your choice.


His friend had the Creamy Asparagus Soup, the Sole Fillet with red peppers and champagne reduction, and Raspberry Parfait for dessert.


Our dinner came with a big loaf of French Bread, which I had with my cheese and a couple of glasses of Tawny Port Wine. 

Everything was delicious, and even when we got our food later, they still tasted nice and fresh. I highly recommend Dominique's Kitchen for pick up. They are located at 522 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Redondo Beach, California. The three-course menu is offered only for weekends, and they started having Wednesday specials. You can call them or go on their website to place your order.

Liza, it was nice to see you again. See you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment