Sunday, September 6, 2020

Another Wonderful Meal at Forma

Just cannot stop praising this restaurant for its food and service. We recently had a late lunch at Forma. With the pandemic, it so important to be socially connected with friends. By that, I don't mean large gatherings. I mean small intimate meetings over a meal practicing safe distancing, wearing masks, etc. That being said, we had a blast and enjoyed the food and each other's company. Mario, the owner, had a lovely set up behind the restaurant. It made you forget you were in a parking lot.


I informed my friends that we had to order the Salmon Pizza (which I had previously and was fantastic) for our appetizer, and they were all game. We were disappointed to learn that they only serve that on weekends! So we had the Mushroom Pizza with black truffle sauce and fontina cheese. It was a no-brainer to order the Fried Artichoke Salad, which is incredible.


We were almost full after pizza and salad. But the show had to go on, so we all ordered an entrée. Amy had the Tortellini; mushrooms with a light truffle sauce. Amy loved it, of course, she had my approval in ordering that since I have had it numerous times along with their famous Cacio e Pepe. Zohreh had the Calamari Salad for her entée.


Sandi had the Pappardelle Ragout, which she willingly split with me so she could have half of my Cacio e Pepe. Everyone loved their choices.


We really were too stuffed for dessert, but everyone was willing to have "a bite" of some dessert. I love the Banana Pecan Tart, but the Raspberry Limoncello Tart sounded light, and a lady across from us said she's had it and that it was terrific. She was absolutely right; it was delicious.


Gianfranco, our previous server, was off, but Francesco took good care of us. He was just as pleasant and professional. Another superb meal at Forma. Grazie Mille, to Mario. It was nice to see you again.


Forma is located at 1610 Montana Ave. in Santa Monica, California.





2 comments: