Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Sampa's Gourmet Pizza

It's been almost five months since I've been to Sampa's Pizza. I don't know why I waited so long because it has been one of the best pizzas I've ever had. Chef Marcus Roberto from Sao Paulo, Brazil has been so successful that he opened another place in Marina del Rey. It's interesting to know that Sao Paulo is the 2nd largest pizza consuming city next to NYC.

I  ordered a pizza with half Funghi Al Tartufo with sauteed mushrooms, ricotta sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, truffle oil and the other half was the Caprese which I had the last time and loved. The pizza was outstanding and so delicious.


Sandi had 2 kinds as well. Half of her pizza was Napolitano with fresh tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, basil, fried garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, oregano and the other half was New York with ricotta, lots of spinach, parmesan and mozzarella. We both preferred the NY side of her pizza.


Needless to say, we could not finish the rest though I managed to have 5 slices which was a record for me! We met Natalia our server and part-owner who happened to be there since one of the employees called in sick. She made sure everything was satisfactory.

Sampa's Gourmet Pizza is located at 2413 Pacific Coast Hwy. #107 in Lomita, California and one in Marina Del Rey.

No comments:

Post a Comment