Thursday, October 17, 2019

Company Chicken

This is an old recipe that I got from an acquaintance in the late 70's. I haven't made it since then though I remember it to be very good. What was very good then might not be very good now since taste buds change so I decided to experiment and invite close friends. I figured that they would be more forgiving if it turned out to be just o.k. The recipe is straight forward; chicken breasts coated with sour cream then rolled in crushed cheese crackers. The bottom of the pan has some melted butter and just before baking, you pour more butter on the chicken.

I served a salad before the chicken for our vegetables.  As a side dish, I made one of my favorite boxed pasta dishes; Shells & White Cheddar Pasta Roni which was perfect with the chicken since it's nice and creamy and went well with the crusty, cheesy chicken.


Everyone enjoyed the chicken. For dessert, I had made Lola Neny's (my grandmother) Borracho. That too turned out very good.


The only thing my friends didn't get to enjoy was the rising of the full moon which was spectacular since it was orange (from the fires) but my picture couldn't capture its size and color.






No comments:

Post a Comment