Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Crispy Cauliflower at Black Angus

It would be hard to top the crispy cauliflower served at Black Angus of all places. The sad part is when I spoke to Chef Fidel, he informed me that they would be taking that off their menu because not too many people order it. My first response was, "They never had it so they don't know how good it is". It is very crispy and quite spicy. It is worth going to the restaurant and just having that.


After Sujata and I had lunch at Casa Barilla at South Coast Plaza, I mentioned to her that I had a couple of coupons for Black Angus; a $47 dinner for two which included steak or salmon, their wonderful sweet bread, appetizer and dessert and another coupon for my birthday which was just a free entree. I couldn't believe Sujata said she would like to go. That's after I told her about the cauliflower. It's only been 3 hours since we had our spaghetti Pomodoro.

I asked our server, Karolina which coupon she thought I should use and it was almost a no-brainer to use the $47 coupon so we would get everything. Everything was delicious, her salmon and my ribeye which was so tasty. She couldn't get over the wonderful cauliflower. I asked her if Chef Fidel Reyes was working and she said yes. She later sent him to speak with us and this is when I learned that they would be discontinuing it soon.


If I may make a couple of suggestions: One is to offer a sample of the cauliflower free to people who like spicy food. The other is to have the servers suggest their "famous" or "specialty of the house" and they can further describe it when asked. These simple suggestions would help and maybe we can save the Crispy Cauliflower!

Dessert was included in our meal so we ordered the Strawberry-Mango Cobbler. Karolina also asked me if I wanted my Chocolate Chip Cookie for my birthday, even if I did not use the birthday coupon. I thought this was very nice of her. I said I would just take it to go. They brought our dessert and extra ice cream with a birthday candle. At the end of our meal, she handed me a big bag and I asked her what it was. Her response was: "Your chocolate chip cookie". It was as big as a plate!


This was my blog on our previous visit:
https://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2019/02/black-angus-steakhouse.html

Try and get to Black Angus soon and save the Crispy Cauliflower from vanishing from their menu. The steak ain't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment