Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Baleen Kitchen

My friend Cindy informed me about the free Surf & Turf at Baleen Kitchen on your birthday. I went on their website to check it out. The $48 Beef Filet with Lobster Tail was indeed free on your actual birthday.  Mary asked me where I would like to go for my birthday for our annual celebration. It had to be Baleen.


Our server, Jessica brought us some warm bread to start. Instead of a salad, we opted to share some Brussels Spouts cooked with balsamic glaze and bacon lardons sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. We devoured those sprouts in no time. The bitterness of the sprouts, the sweetness of the glaze and the saltiness of the bacon and Parmesan came together like a symphony.


Mary decided to order the Beef Stroganoff.  Jessica confirmed that they really do an exceptional Beef Stroganoff. I had the Surf & Turf which was served with asparagus and potato purée and Bearnaise sauce. Mary's stroganoff was very good with the homemade pappardelle though it needed to be hot (temperature). My mashed potato was cold as well.  Jessica took her dish without a beat and replaced it. She gave me a bowl of the potato purée that was hot. Sometimes these things can't be helped. The important thing is the willingness to correct a wrong as soon as possible and to do it apologetically which Jessica did.


I was really impressed with the service and the food. Upon talking to Jessica, we found out that she is a professional volleyball player who had just moved to Redondo Beach so she works at Baleen when she's not hitting those balls. Thanks, Jessica for a memorable experience and a job well done. Baleen is located 260 Portofino Way in Redondo Beach, California.




No comments:

Post a Comment