Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Black Truffle Butter Spread

This Black Truffle Butter Sauce can be had from Trader Joe's. My friend Cynthia already experimented by melting butter to make a nice pasta sauce.  It was my turn to experiment so I melted the whole tub of butter and sautéed some dried Mixed Wild Mushrooms imported from Italy that I found in my pantry and thank God it has not expired. I first soaked them in hot water and within 10 minutes, they all came to life.


After a few minutes, I added some whipping cream enough to serve with my half a pound of Farfalle. Being me and not being patient enough to wait until the sauce thickened on its own I took some of the liquid from the mushrooms and a bit of pasta water and added some Wondra (quick mixing flour) and proceeded to pour it into the cream. Within 3 minutes, my sauce was ready. I added salt and pepper to taste and voila, it was ready. It tasted like something I would have had at an Italian restaurant that would have charged me at least $20.


I had some leftovers from last night so this evening I decided to have it again with 2 pieces of Chicken baked in Jabanero sauce which I bought from Von's Market. The pasta was still delicious and the chicken was a nice addition after all one cannot or should I say, "should not" live on pasta alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment